Like most, my life’s journey is the prism through which I view the world. Design is a journey, too. An exploration.
A discovery. I thrive on the energy I get from creating world-class products that touch people’s lives in meaningful ways.
I love to bring businesses and their customers together through functional, simple, and beautiful experiences.
My personal satisfaction isn’t measured in click-throughs or stock grants. It’s measured in what I’ve learned and continue to learn—about the real-world impact of thoughtful design.
Too often, people perceive start-ups as the centers of innovation. But larger companies innovate, too. By effectively using their resources and infrastructure, they can innovate on a much larger scale. I want to join you. I want to share in your future successes.
I’ve spent my recent years as an Art Director and Product Design Lead. I’ve driven a design vision. And hired top talent to bring that vision to life. I’ve managed agencies. I hold patents in user experience and interaction design. Let me bring my journey of exploration to you. And together we can discover solutions that excite us all.
- More than 15 years of experience in product design
- Driving innovation, Ideating and conceptualizing products
- Wearables/Mobile/Web user experience and interface technologies
- Building, managing and mentoring global teams
- Art direction and creative strategy
- Collaborating and partnership with multiple disciplines across the organization
- Producing visual excellency with simple and structured design
Some of my Recent Focus & responsibilities include
- Managing Adobe’s global enterprise experience design team
- Collaborating with Adobe’s Marketing Cloud teams to deliver a consistent, unified and meaningful experiences to our users
- Promoting Adobe’s design culture and community via social media, web and marketing channels
- Art directed PayPal/Ebay’s forward-looking projects
- Designed and ideated with PayPal Growth team
- Created the next generation of wearable technologies and worked closely with industrial designers to improv PayPal’s physical products digital experiences
- Took a hands-on approach and designed PayPal Here’s mobile reporting tool and end to end user workflow
- Led the design effort for PayPal’s ground breaking Shopping Showcase that has drawn more than 5,000 visitors a year, from television journalists to venture capitalists to mayors of some of the largest cities in the U.S. Being involved in hiring the top design talent as part of an acqui-hire effort and recruiting
- Led activate design program and playbook platform across the organization’s design community sponsored directly by CEO and directed/influenced by John Maeda
Experience Design Manager
Adobe / 2015 - Present
Adobe Marketing Cloud - Integrated digital marketing platform
Global User Experience Design
PayPal / ebay, an ebay inc. company / 2011 - 2015
Lead a variety of products from ideation to production. Worked across the PayPal design organization collaborating with product managers, interaction and visual designers to deliver market-leading customer experiences. As a Design Principal, I made sure that we delivered consistency and excellence within our products from web to mobile to future products.
ebay inc. / Global User Experience Design
Art directed PayPal/Ebay’s forward-looking projects
Elevated the design culture by coaching designers on craftsmanship and empowering them create world-class experiences.
Led activate design program and playbook platform across the organization’s design community sponsored directly by CEO and directed/influenced by John Maeda
PayPal Here / Business Mobile Applicatio
Designed a simple and easy to understand interface for merchants using the PayPal Here app. My designs helped small business owners with their daily, monthly and yearly sales analytics and product metrics letting them review and export their important data from their mobile devices to other platforms and channels.
As the lead and only user experience designer on this team, I collaborated directly with the VP of Growth to bring innovation into the DNA of PayPal emerging products. Was granted patents for concepts specifically focused on interaction and design.
PAYPAL EXPERIENTIAL MARKETING SOLUTIONS
Directed a group of 15 to 20 designers both internal and agency to shape the future of shopping across eBay, Inc. products. PayPal’s ground-breaking Shopping Showcase that has drawn more than 5,000 visitors a year, from television journalists to venture capitalists to mayors of our largest cities (San Jose / NY).
PAYPAL CORE MOBILE TEAM & DIGITAL WALLET
Sr. UX/UI Design Architect
Designed the future of payments for our customers using PayPal’s digital wallet app. Helped our customers to browse, check in and pay in stores and order ahead to avoid the line.
Sr. User Experience & Form Functions Architect
PAYPAL VISUAL DESIGN
ReachLocal (Google SMB Partner) / 2008 - 2011
Director of Application User Interface Design
Designed and directed a web/mobile app to create detailed reports of small businesses’ campaign activities letting them to see comprehensive data on how their campaigns were performing.
Performed a variety of tasks including analyzing, designing, prototyping and evaluating user interfaces, interactions, task flows, information architectures, and data visualizations.
Napster Inc. / 2008
Sr. User Interface Design
Helped define the interface and interaction for Napster’s new and existing products including web and desktop players, music libraries, playlists, and music collections. Produced design specifications, storyboards, scenarios, design prototypes, and style guide documentations.
Broadcaster / 2006 - 2007
Sr. User Interface and Visual Designer
BOSS AUDIO SYSTEMS / 2001 - 2006
Creative and Art Direction
UCLA Extension, Advanced Advertising Design & Branding / University of California, Los Angeles / 2008
UCLA Extension, User Experience Design / University of California, Los Angeles / 2007
Bachelor of Science, Visual Communications / Westwood College of Technology, Los Angeles / 2002 - 2005
3D Modeling, Materials and Animation, Digital media / Cavendish College London / 1999 - 2001
Associates degree in Graphic Design, Design / Fine Art University / 1997 - 1999
Recommendations and endorsements: www.linkedin.com/in/farannajafi/